Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I need a change.

My search is literally "What Should I Do With My Life" on google. This strikes me as a little funny, a little sad, and scary all at the same time. One of my best friends, Chris, told me this last night: "Theresa- you are 23 years old, beautiful, single, no kids or house payment--you have nothing holding you back! You're free and able to do anything and everything you wanna do with your life! It's in your hands! Do something!". As the words came out of his mouth, between tears I couldnt help but laugh at his "motivational speaker" tone. : ) Wow, I love him! But he is right-- I can do anything. I mean, I CAN, but will I? I was reading an article that stated that "our fears keep us from doing what we want to do when we need a change in our life". Normally, when I feel this way, I chop off my hair-- I know, it seems like a very juvenile thing to tell you, but when I need a change, it seems only natural to change something that not only will people notice right away, but it seems like literally "getting rid" of a part of me that is no longer needed..in a sense. I'm NOT doing that this time. I love my hair when it's growing out and I love the feeling of having long hair. So, what else is there to do? I can take a trip, sure. I can enroll in a Yoga class like I've wanted to do for awhile, but is that the change I need? I made the comment to a friend last night that maybe it's my love life that needs attention. Not sex- love. Just plain old fashion love. Of course, that would include Chris, which wouldnt happen too fast because he wants me to "heal" lol. And while this is a very smart way of going-about this situation, the whole time I'm still alone, lonely, lonesome, blah blah. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment